Thursday 9 October 2014

Ask Tiny! - Packing for Hong Kong Part 1: Face Care & Make Up


As mentioned in my previous posts, I'm off to Hong Kong for 2 weeks *happy face*! I seriously cannot wait to get on the plane and have a long deserved break from working for almost 6 months non stop. Below are some of the things I have packed in my suitcase, and as it's mainly a trip to visit my boyfriend's family as well as shopping (lots and lots of it!), I have left my suitcase relatively empty in terms of personal stuff. Spare space will be taken up by a lot of gifts for the boyfriend's family (read more about buying gifts for partners in my Previous Blog Post!).

1. Face Care

Products for Morning & Evening Face Wash Routine
I never leave for any holiday without my morning & evening face wash products. I feel that water just simply isn't enough, especially as I will be wearing make up on some days as well. Taking care of your face on holiday is very important, especially in hotter countries like Hong Kong.

Products for Face Wash

Simple: Moisturising Facial Wash, Toner & Cleanser
Tea Tree: Moisturiser
Tesco: Cotton Pads

I absolutely love simple, and they really are kind to skin, but their products still leave your skin feeling fresh and clean. The Tesco cotton pads are also really strong as well as being double sided, and they don't fall apart very easily which is great. I'm not a big fan of Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel moisturiser, so I will probably buy a new one in Hong Kong.

Facial Scrubs & Masks

Aapri: Apricot Scrub
My Beauty Diary: Face Mask

I dislike using scrubs very often, and usually like to keep it to once or twice a week. Anymore and I feel like my skin gets very irritable. This apricot scrub by Aapri gets rid of impurities and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. I also like to pack some face masks (especially for long days of shopping) just to relax and hydrate my skin.

2. Make Up & Toiletries

Make Up
Face Makeup

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect: Primer
Bourjois Paris: Foundation
Tesco: Barbara Daly Foundation
Tea Tree & Witch Hazel: Concealer
MaxFactor: Pressed Powder
Beautyblender

The Rimmel London Primer primes my face very well before putting on makeup. I also absolutely adore the scent of the primer, I can't put my finger on what it smells like, but it just makes my face smell so good. As for the foundations, Bourjois and Barbara Daly Foundations are both very light, so light that sometimes I even forget I've got foundation on. I would definitely recommend these to people who dislikes heavy makeup as they conceal well but allows your skin to breathe. The Tea Tree & Witch Hazel concealer is also great for quick touch ups wherever your are. Of course, my beautyblender is a must in my makeup bag and you can read my review of it Here!

Eye Makeup

Etude House: Mascara
L'Oreal False Lash: Mascara
Lancome: Mascara
No.7: Pink Eyeshadow
BYS: Brown Eyeshadows
Sephore: White Eyeliner
Prorance: Black Eyeliner
Lancome: Black Eyeliner
Boots: Black Liquid Eyeliner
Eyelash Curlers

I absolutely love eye makeup as you can change your eye shape in so many different ways. I usually like to use white eyeliner to really make my eyes pop. For mascaras, my favourite is definitely the L'Oreal false lash mascara as you can see the difference in lash length when you use it.

Lips

Sephora: Pink Lipstick
Sephora: Lip Gloss

Most days, I prefer putting a bit of concealer on the outer parts of my lips and gently dabbing the pink Sephora lipstick on the inner parts of my lips to create a gradient effect. Use lip gloss afterwards to give your lips that little bit extra.

Toiletries

Small Scissors
Muji: Eyeliner Sharpner
Tweezers
Nail Cutters
Heatless Hair Curlers
Boscia: Blotting Papers
Veet for Sensitive Skin

Above are just the essentials toiletries I take with my in my makeup bag. I bought my heatless hair curlers from Sainsburys, and they are so simple to use. I can leave them on at night and in the morning I get these gorgeous natural curls! I also like to bring a box of Veet with me to get rid of those unsightly hairs that I don't want other people seeing :)


3. Perfume

Live - Jennifer Lopez
This perfume has to been one of my all time favourites and I've been using it for about 2 years now. It's perfect for all you floral lovers, and as I bought the EDP, it lasts a very long time as well. On a day to day basis, I like to spray some in my hair and on my clothes.

What are some of your travel favourites for face and body? Let me know in the comments below! Also, watch this space as Packing for Hong Kong Part 2: Clothing is coming up next!


Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment